Future Thoughts (CSA)

I’m thinking. All the time. It’s not uncommon to find me staring off into space 90% of the time (the other 10% I’m cooking). I’m always problem solving, trying to figure out what we should be doing. What are our future plans for our lives and the homestead? I have a very hard time living…

Permaculture Nursery

Hello All! Some of you may remember that in 2015 we ran a campaign and raised $1000 to build a greenhouse and start a permaculture nursery. We were really successful at raising the money and buying all our materials, but come the next spring our lives were in turmoil and we didn’t manage to get…

Renew, Rebuild, Restore

Hello Everyone! Happy Monday to you all and welcome to October! First off I want to apologize for my negativity on my last post. I’ve actually deleted it. I wrote it while feeling completely defeated and I’m not crazy proud of it, but I will say that Justin and I have learned some things from…

Garden Experiment

So I’ve been reading Will Bonsall’s “Essential Guide To Radical, Self Reliant Gardening” and I’ve come across some information that I’ve never heard before. To lay the scene a little bit, Will gardens in Maine, that means he’s about Zone 4 or 3. With that in mind, he’s planting carrots, parsnips, rutabagas, brassicas and onions…

2Boys1Homestead Soap Review by Born Again Farm Girl

Click here to view original Article! “To be honest, I wasn’t holding my breath…We had already tried a million other homemade soaps.” “I LOVED the feeling my skin had after using this soap!” “Next I sent hubby in to try out the cedar bar of soap and guess what? It didn’t make the eczema on…

Small Town Entitlement

When we first moved to our new homestead I promptly joined all the local community pages on Facebook to be involved. I wanted to know what was going on in town, how to get involved in community events and also start broadcasting our products to the community as well. Big mistake. It had been almost…

Transparency

I’ve always vowed to be 100% transparent with you guys about the realities of our homestead. Let me be transparent now, I don’t know if we’re going to make it. This month Justin took a pay cut (about $150/month) because someone had messed up his dependents on his taxes. We owe about $800 in taxes…

Glad to be a Homesteader

It’s days like today I’m glad to be a homesteader. Last night our area here in Michigan received over a foot of heavy, wet snow. Today it shows no signs of going anywhere. There were heavy winds, which means the back roads and some main roads are drifted over. some of the drifts are reaching…

We Need Your Help

Hey Everyone! We managed to secure 20% of our project goal already! We need your help to make it to 100%! We can’t do it without you! Our Permaculture Nursery Campaign We’re trying to raise $1000 to build a greenhouse and start a permaculture plant nursery! Please help us reach our goal! Permaculture Nursery Campaign

2Boys1Homestead Nursery Project Launch!

Welcome to the launch of our Barnraiser campaign! Take a look at our campaign! Justin and I are launching a crowdfunding campaign to rebuild our greenhouse and start a permaculture plant nursery! Our Permaculture Project: “Permaculture has taken the green revolution by storm, however there is one significant problem. There is a serious lack of…